Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

It was a fun for Christmas for Laila and all of us.

We went home to Lolo and Lola in Nasugbu. Kuya was home for the holidays too. So it was like a reunion. All the kids were there.

We went to the beach, heard mass, basically bummed around the whole two days we were there. Daddy Cat and I bummed around. Laila Cat was all abuzz playing with Kuya Utoy and Kuya Austin the whole day she was beat at night.

The two tyanaks and Ate Anne returned home with us so Laila's roughhousing with the other critters is on extended play.

+++

Laila's a bit indifferent toward Santa Claus. She knows him as the old man with the long white beard and that he gives kids presents for Christmas, but she's not really too excited over him.

I'd been worrying about this because I'm worried she'd grow up indifferent toward Christmas traditions.

But when we attended Christmas Day mass, I realized she doesn't connect Christmas with Santa too much because she identifies Christmas as Jesus' birthday. (I ought to be learning something here, I know.)

On the way to Church, she asked me if there will be cake since it's Jesus' birthday. But she says that the man--the priest--will have to blow the candles since Jesus is a statue. She was amused at how many kids attended Jesus' birthday and the balloons outside church.

Her idea of Christmas is a bit different. But I wouldn't mind if she grows up with it. The lack of fascination over Santa Claus isn't so bad.

No comments: