Friday, May 18, 2007

Bye-Bye Cuz'


Kuya Utoy and Ate Anne have gone back home to Nasugbu after six weeks of staying with us. Laila seemed to have taken it well, going back to our regular routine.


Although, the morning they left, she woke up, bolted from the bed and screamed out: 'Wag uwi!' She cried a little, calling out 'Kuya Utoy ko, Ate Anne ko....Waaaah!'


She perked up a little after we spoke to them on the phone, but was still pleading for them not to go home to Lola's house.


Poor Laila. Company's limited again to the two Ates, who, I learned recently, have made it a habit to carry her everywhere. Now I know why she refuses to walk on her own at the mall. Note to self: Get her used to walking around.


It's good that school will start soon. That'll give her something to do in the mornings.


+++


Laila's about as tactless as innocent kids could be.


I was getting ready for bed the other night and was inspecting my Mommy flabs in front of the mirror when she came to me, held the hips that carried her for the first nine months of her life in between her little hands, and quipped: 'Ang taba taba mo.'


It felt like being run over by a train and carried to heaven at the same time. It was a proud moment for me because she obviously knows the difference of big and small. But I wished she hadn't pointed out that my hips arent exactly on the small side.

No comments: