Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Scares

I've finally gotten that electrocautery treatment my OB recommended for my cervicitis.

It wasn't as traumatic as I believed it would be. But neither was it painless as my doctor and most other people say. It felt like I was being jabbed from the inside. And by the time the procedure was done, my knees felt weak under me.

But it's something I have to undergo. Either that or let the cervicitis get worse and eliminate my ability to have more children in the future.

It's a humblng experience, having to submit your whole body to someone else's care. I'd been convinced that my OB was not telling me the entire picture. I believed there was something truly damning about my condition she wasn't telling me. I was wrong.

Only after I surfed the Net for more information on cervicitis--and this was after the procedure--was I convinced that there shouldn't be cause for alarm. Apparently, cervicitis really is a common condition half of the planet's woman population experience at some time in their life. Which was exactly what the OB told me.

Of course, there's still the result of the biopsy to wait for. But I'd rather not dwell on that. No use thinking about what scares me when there's two weeks between now and getting my fears confirmed or dismissed.

+++

And speaking of what's scary...

The White Lady is no more. Laila has stopped being scared of her. But we haven't sent her a-packing yet. Daddy Alvin tweaked her a little, making her The One-Eyed White Lady.

Daddy Alvin added that 'one-eye' feature after realizing Laila was scared of a DVD cover that showed the close-up of an eye peeking from behind something. Hence, the improvement on our discipline tool. It's called recycling fellas. Why throw out a perfectly good discipline tool when you can improve it so it works like new?

It's so funny seeing Laila covering her own eyes whenever she's reminded of the One-Eyed White Lady. She quiets down and becomes more cooperative everytime. I just want to hold her and bury my nose in her hair. Oh her sweet smelling hair! She's the perfect angel during these times.

We're terrible for scaring her like this, but if it keeps her in line, so be it. We don't use these scare tactics often. Well, maybe more frequent than Laila likes it. But hey, my little girl has to learn to be cooperate at certain times. Or it's a visit from the One-Eyed White Lady for her.

No comments: