Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Explanations, Clarifications and Assurances

I spoke with Teacher Chiqui, the directress and owner of Laila's preschool, about the incident with Teacher Reg.

Vouching for Teacher's Reg's character, Teacher Chiqui seconded that Teacher Reg's voice is just naturally loud and shrill and this was must have Ate Lyn misinterpreted as shouting. Nevertheless, Teacher Chiqui said she still advised Teacher Reg to tone down her voice a little so it wouldn't be misinterpreted as shouting.

Teacher Chiqui also offered some treats--i.e. books--for Laila when she arrives in school to help her settle down. Baby Cat's having a bout of separation anxiety again and has been crying when dropped off at school.

I really am not too worried about Laila's crying, and I told Teacher Chiqui about this, as I am about the shouting incident. Of course I will be disturbed after being told that a teacher shouted at my three-year old. What mom wouldn't be?

But since it's been brought out, discussed, resolved (hopefully) and never to be repeated then I am fine with it. Baby Cat remembers incindents when she thought Teacher was angry (but not at her specifically) and these incidents do not seem to lessen her fondness for Teacher Reg.

That's good enough for me.

No comments: