Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

Laila's been kept home from school the past three days because of the rain. Lucky her! How I wish I could've stayed home, curled under the covers instead of trudging through the downpour to get to the office.

She understands now that she doesn't go to school when it rains. No sense in risking her catching something just to get a perfect attendance in preschool. They don't even check the attendance. We realized that last year when most of the other parents kept their kids home during rains. there was a time when only Laila and another classmate attended class.

Now we know better. So her raincoat's been packed away, never to be used unless it's really, really necessary.

I remember my Mom making me attend class even when wind and rain was strong enough to whip away a grown carabao. Of course they checked the attendance in elemetary. But still, it would've been nice to just stay home.

Like now.

+++

The rain wasn't so bad last night. I mentioned this to Laila and. for the first time, she noticed it.

"Who turned off the rain?" she asked me and I just had to laugh.

I was about to come up with a make believe reason--I don't want to explain the rain cycle to her just yet--when she came up with her own.

"Jesus turned off the rain becase it was noisy. He couldn't go to sleep."

I couldn't have come up with something better!

No comments: