Monday, September 10, 2007

Coosome Twosome

It's been five days since Daddy Cat left on his big holiday. Today is my last day alone with Baby Cat, if you don't count the two Ates and the Uncles and Auntie who have been keeping her company while I'm at work.

And, I have to say, having her all to myself is not so bad. She's been very cooperative.

Although, she has gotten into the habit of waking up around 3 or 4 am to pee in the potty. She also has these last minute bedtime requests like a glass of water or a trip to the potty and another trip to the potty after that. And those endless questions--why is Daddy not here? why is there only two of us? why is it dark? if if't not dark, what is it? why? why? why?
She's trying to push back bedtime, obviously. Luckily for me I've already read that chapter dedicated to overcoming delaying tactics during bedtime. I didn't have too hard a time dealing with them.
Once, she cried and whined for almost half an hour insisting to be given a fresh bottle of dede when she already had one beside her. I just let her cry it out and eventually she asked for her bottle and went right to sleep.
But, admittedly, I compromised. I may have repeatedly declined her requests to be carried but relented to an alternative request to sleep on my tummy. And so she did--all 35 lbs of her--and she's been falling asleep atop my entire upper half ever since.
I don't mind, really. I'd carry and dance her to sleep if only my arms could carry her weight. So I just make do with lettine her fall asleep on my tummy.
Overall, our time together away from Daddy Cat let us bond even closer. It also proved my theory that having one parent makes disciplining a preschooler easier because there's only one authority to follow. One rule-maker.
But we sure do miss Daddy Cat.

No comments: