Thursday, September 6, 2007

Missing Daddy Cat


Daddy Cat left this morning for a six-day holiday all by his lonesome.


It's his first out-of-town trip without Laila and me and, I have to admit, it's a little unsettling. For me. Usually, it's me who goes away. Hmmm. So this is how it feels to be left home with the baby.


Not that I truly am home with the baby. I wish. I still gotta work till 7 pm, race to the train station, grab a quick dinner and get ready for bed before 8 pm so I have a full hour of playing with Baby Cat before she goes to bed at 9.
The only difference is Daddy Cat won't be joining me in this mad medley.


He'll be in Calbayog with Lola and the Lola Lola. Tomorrow's the town fiesta and Daddy Cat's been wanting to visit Calbayog during the fiesta. It's also a sort of celebration/reunion in honor of the first lawyer in the family in decades.


The original plan was for us three to go, but circumstances--expensive plane tickets--kept us from going. And, as it turned out, real circumstances--the office partner is away on assignment and the Erap verdict is about to come out--have cropped up and I would've been forced to cancel the trip anyway.


So, until next Wednesday, it'll just be me and Baby Cat.


+++


She took the goodbye rather well. Baby Cat cried briefly when Daddy Cat's taxi drove away but quieted down soon after we got inside the house. I guess my frequent business trips have gotten her used to brief separations.


The truth is, she cried worse when she stepped on and broke my hair clip. She was simply unconsolable for the next half hour or so. Baby Cat is so funny. She must've felt terrible about the transgression even without me making a big deal out of it.


I doubt she feels guilty because she broke my stuff. But I suppose she feels that she harmed the clip and feels sorry for it. Baby Cat wants me to glue back the piece that broke off. Awww.

No comments: