Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fwends

Laila's fallen into a habit of going to the neighbor's shortly after waking up in the morning.

Right after she gets washed up, she picks up whatever toy she fancies and then trots a flight up the stairs and calls out to her playmates, a sister and brother team both younger than her. We've even given the little boy a nickname--Baby Bwuder.

Twice I've heard that Baby Cat's eaten breakfast there. This morning, Ate Yen brought Laila's breakfast upstairs.

Later in the day, the trio would switch venues and head down to our house. Often, Baby Bwuder and his Ate are still in the house by the time I get home from work. The kids share dinner in Laila's table.

It's nice that Laila's developed a friendship with the siblings from upstairs. Her social skills are definitely better than mine.

Having kids aged 3, 2 and 1 in the house gives me a preview of how it is to have more than one kid, well, the house. And I can honestly say that I enjoy it.

I am amused to hear them argue. I love that they confidently express themselves, even if it's only through screaming fits.

The enjoyment is sourced largely from the knowledge that, at the end of the day, two of the other kids will be going home.

No comments: