Thursday, August 23, 2007

Socialite

It looks to me that Baby Cat is getting invited to more parties than me.



I'd first encontered that idea in family-themed comics. I thought it was a funny exaggeration. Now that Laila's social circle has expanded to preschool I realize that it wasn't so much of an exaggeration after all.



This week she was invited to the birthday party of a classmate. A couple of weeks ago it was the party of a neighbor. A few weeks before that was the party of another neighbor.



Oh well. I guess it's not the parties that bother me as much as the cost of gifts to get her friends. Sounds cheap to scrimp on birthday presents. But, hey, I scrimp on everything.



But great presents do not necessarily have to be expensive. Daddy Cat and I get a lot of good items on sale. And I prefer giving books instead of toys and books always look expensive even on sale.



+++



I don't say it out loud often enough, but I am excited for Laila whenever she attends parties. It helps her improve her social skills. I just beam whenever she smoothly adjusts to new situations and venues.



I was more aloof when I was about Laila's age. I guess I was a bit shy. But that was primarily because I didn't get enough opportunity to practice my social skills.

No comments: