Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fever

Baby Cat has been feverish for two night now.

'Feverish' because the thermometer tells me that her temperature is just normal, but my palm, pressed against her forehead or neck, tells me it isn't. Being the reasonable Mom that I am, I believe my palm.

Made her stay home from school yesterday, on the condition that she doesn't watch TV. I don't want her to enjoy staying home from school too much by letting her watch TV all day. I didn't tell her that of course. I told her she's sick and watching TV would make her eyes go owie.

She believed my explanation (= lie).

Baby Cat still felt warmer than usual last night even though our thermometer tells me different. It must be broken.

But I sent her to school nonetheless. She seemed happy to go, knowing that she can watch a marathon of Tom and Jerry cartoons afterwards.

I can never understand how these fevers of hers start. The books say fevers could be asymptomatic of another infection, so I never take fevers too lightly. The more experienced Moms say that fevers are just part of growing up and I shouldn't panic. The doctor already warned me against giving her fever

But I always fret anyway.

No comments: