Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lost Time

I've been awfully tired this week. Typhoon Frank brought so much devastation that the office couldn't ignore the story.


Driving back to Manila after a weekend with my parents, I was already working the phone. The following days was a blur of Lucena where the survivors were, the NDCC, and then Sibuyan Island in Romblon for the shipwreck.


The nights I would get home, Laila would already be asleep. I would kiss her and whisper in her ear that I'm home. She would stir a little, give me a drowsy smile and then pull my face close to hers with those silky soft arms of hers.


Then we'd both fall asleep, my nose buried in her hair that still smells of the kuto shampoo from that morning.


+++


But Baby Cat got a treat from me. As I said, I've been feeling tired so I finally decided to take a break.


'You're home! Mommy, my Mommy,' she exclaimed pressing her cheek against mine.


The whole afternoon as 'Mommy this' and 'Mommy that.' When she woke up from her nap, she called out 'Mommeeee...Mommeeee...'


There are times when I might find 'Mommy this' and 'Mommy that' tiresome, but not today. I've been busy and tired the whole week. An corollary feeling to that is one of guilt for being unavailable to her most of the time.


So, today, she can 'mommy this' and 'Mommy that' all she wants and I'll be 'Yes? I'm coming!'


No comments: