Monday, June 30, 2008

'Mother'

I'm no longer Mommy or Mom for now. I'm 'Mother'.

I assume Baby Cat's picked it up from one of the US shows she watches. I just find it funny--and, to others, I suppose, strange--because here you only call someone 'Mother' as part gay lingo.

Laila's been attracting amused stares by calling me 'Mother.' My sister simply shakes her head, saying my little girl is so bading. And she means that in the most endearing way possible.

What I find truly hilarious is that, of course, Laila is unmindful of the attention she attracts whenever she calls me 'Mother' outside the house.

It is unusual, I admit, for a Pinoy kid to call parents 'Mother' and 'Father.' Daddy Cat is still 'Daddy' most of the time. But I'm consistently 'Mother.'

I find it terribly amusing. I can only imagine what's going on in that cute little head of hers.

No comments: