Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homesick vs. not homesick

I feel guilty. i haven't blogged for over a month. To me, that's like saying I haven't seriously focused on Laila for over a month.

But that's an accurate description of how I've been the past two weeks, though, since I've been away on a seminar of sorts. But I don't have a good excuse why I wasn't able to write about her prior to the trip.

I remember snippets that I've been meaning to write about. I just can't remember them right now. Which was what this space was supposed to do: prevent me from not remembering.

It's like I lost one month of her childhood. And it's nobody's fault by my own.

+++

The two weeks I was away, I have to admit, I was half missing Baby Cat, half not minding I was away. I thought I'd be more homesick, that I'd be so miserable I wouldn't be able to eat or sleep.

I had trouble sleeping, but that was because of jet lag. I lost some weight, but that was because I couldn't find any rice.

Does that make one a bad Mom? When you're not miserable while away from your kid?

I was excited as hell when it was time to come home, though. Really excited that I passed up a free, all expense-paid night in Tokyo.

Tcht.

No comments: