Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hello Hello

Hello. Is anyone there? I would suppose not. Or at least not yet. This is very new after all.

Let me start by describing what this space is about. It's about sharing a wonderful life with my sparkly little Laila. You guessed correct. I am a first-time mom to two-and-a-half year old Laila. She might not always be sunshine, but she certainly brightens up my day--or what remains of it after a full day of office work--even when she is acting every bit of the preschooler she is.

Why do I need to post my thoughts about Laila and my life with her in the first place?

It's natural for parents to be proud of their kids. And I am very proud of Laila for everything that's she's learned these past months in preschool and at home. Every little thing like learning how to skip or blow bubbles or jump sideways or walk backwards. She also knows her numbers and ABCs and colors. Who knew that being able to distinguish a circle from a square would be so much fun! It's incredibly new and exciting for me as it is for her. And I need to write it down. I'm afaid I'd forget if I don't.

And I also want to talk about what a wonderkid Laila is. All parents think their baby is a wonderkid and I'm proud to say I'm no exception. The catch here is that there are very few people you can truly share your thoughts about parenthood with. You discuss parenting too intensely and some people would think you're weird. Others would have very strong opinions on parenting styles that might clash with your own. And still there are others who are simply not interested in constantly hearing about your kid.

Hence, this spot.

Here, I can talk about Laila endlessly; like how she likes to dance to Boom Tarat Tarat even if I outwardly don't approve of it. But here's a secret: I am so proud of her everytime she sashays to the beat of that goddam song. She's like a small version of the marshmallow man that the Ghostbusters fought in the original movie. Very plump and juicy. I want to eat her up as every bit of her jiggles to the tune of Boom 'Tawat Tawat'...

And here, I can preserve my thoughts so she can, in the future, read my posts and know how much she means to me. Laila has become my life. I'm obssessed with her. I didn't think I could love anyone this much until she came. And I want her to know it.

As she gets older, I'm sure we'd be having our differences. We already do. In fact, we just had a spat the other night when she demanded another Jelly Ace before bedtime when I already said she couldn't have any more. As the years go by, I'm sure those spats would become more frequent and more intense. And I'm afraid I'd get swallowed by the moment and forget to let her know how much I love her.

I hope this spot would tell her for me in case I forget or am unable to tell her personally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laila is just too cute for words! I hope we can all see each other soon!