Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Healthy

Laila's blood tests are out. Everything's normal. I'm so relieved I'm smiling to myself!
I'd been worried that she has dengue or some other incurable and fatal disease. I was shackled with this morbid thought the whole day, dragging it around as I went about my business like everything was normal.
And now that the pedia gave her a clean bill of health, the weight has been lifted off me.

But I know I won't be fully rid of this nagging fear for Laila's health, her safety, her well-being. I think that goes with the territory when you're a Mom.
I now understand what they mean when they say that children never grow up in the eyes of their parents. Adults will always be little kids to the eyes of their parents. Laila will always be my little girl.

I also admit that I might be a trifle bit more inclined to worry than other parents. That's something Laila and I will have to live and cope with. I hope I don't annoy her too much when she grows up.

No comments: