Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Bliss

Three-day weekends are always heavenly.

On Friday we lunched out and went briefly to Trinoma. The following day we checked out a possible new home and then to Market! Market! where Laila romped around the playground and drove around in a pink kiddie car (the type she's been asking us to buy). On Sunday we had icecream after mass, splashed in her pool, napped and then jogged around the QC Memorial Circle where she displayed the daredevil in her by climbing up the big kids' gym. (She nearly gave me aheart attack there but that would be the subject of another entry.)

I also got to cook. I love cooking but it's a pleasure I get to enjoy only rarely. There was liver steak, burgers, mashed potato and (let me stress) homemade, fresh-from-scratch gravy, vegetables sauteed in butter, fresh vegetable lumpia, pansit canton and champorado spread over the weekend. Laila and I also had cotton candy from th epar and icecream after church.

Baby Cat was so worn out from the daytime activities she didn't have any trouble sleeping at night.

But I did. A bit. I was also tired from the happenings and would fall asleep alongside Laila. But the minutes before I doze off, I would think that I'd like to spend more days like this. I didn't think about the world's problems. I didn't worry about all the anomalies going down.

My concern was Laila and nothing else.

I don't want to rationalize so I'd end this entry here. I know all the counter-arguments to all those sentimental thoughts. I just don't want to think of them right now.

No comments: