Tuesday, October 30, 2007

In-bedded Weekend

The three-day weekend was wonderful.

I had fun the Saturday when Laila danced uninhibitedly in her school UN Day program and went trick-or-treating in the afternoon. Sunday was more relaxed with a later afternoon Trinoma stroll and an early evening drive around UP.

But barangay election day Monday was the best. We slept in late and then blew bubbles till my I was without breath. Lunch was nooldes, which Laila ate up like she never ate noodles in her life before.

Then we laid out the sofa bed in the sala and watched horror movies in a cuddle until Baby Cat fell asleep. We basically stayed in bed the entire afternoon, playing there and watching TV at the same time. I pried myself from away only long enough to cook nilagang buto-buto for dinner and then it was off to bed again after that.

We could hear the rain thumping outside; perfect cuddle weather, perfect for hot soup.

The day would have been perfect-perfect had I not needed to do a quick check on a murder story, but it wasn't too tiring. Laila and I were in bed again by 8:30 pm.

Days like this is what I ache for.

No comments: